Beauty Store Business

JUL 2017

Beauty Store Business provides solutions for better retailing! New products, industry news, savvy business moves and important trends affecting both brick-and-mortar and online retailers are included in each issue.

Issue link: http://beautystorebusiness.epubxp.com/i/833640

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 35 of 111

34 July 2017 | beautystorebusiness.com Sonia Kiani has always had a passion for art, and received her cosmetol- ogy license from Paul Mitchell The School in San Diego in 2008. As a professional makeup artist and hairstylist, she specializes in bridal and special-effects makeup. A year ago, Kiani transformed her personal Instagram into a more professional account. The newest influencer on our list, she is a hot, emerging talent. Kiani credits Yelp and Instagram as major tools when it comes to her client referrals. "I have worked on incredible projects, movies, have had my work published in international magazines, such as Italian Vogue as well as opportunities to work with some of the biggest names in the industry," she says. WORK WITH SONIA True to herself, Kiani says, "I take pride in being authentic and real, and I believe my followers appreci- ate that. I never represent brands or products I don't wholeheartedly believe in ... and it is that realness that keeps them loyal. I have a quirky sense of humor and live my life as an open book. By doing so, and displaying my failures as well as my accomplishments, I am more relatable to my audience." Kiani is also known for her niche in the fitness cat- egory and is often referred to as "the makeup artist with the body." Expanding her reach, she now works with several active-lifestyle brands as well, spreading the message of female and body empowerment. Kiani hope to one day open up a flagship studio or school, and hand-select and train fellow artists. "My future goals are to travel and teach through my women empowerment and makeup hands-on seminars," she says. "What I want to do is to take the beauty industry and my love for it to the Middle East. I am Iranian, and I would love to be able to integrate that with my culture." TRENDING NOW Though she doesn't follow trends, Kiani has seen a shift towards natural-looking skin. She says, "To perfect flawless skin is so much harder than doing full-coverage glam." ■ SONIA KIANI Age: 33 Location: Orange County, CA Specialty: Hair and makeup Instagram: 50,000+ followers Get Connected! facebook.com/iamforeveruntamed @foreveruntamed sk@soniakiani.com @_foreveruntamed

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of Beauty Store Business - JUL 2017